Technology and Intellectual Property
- Sarah Dale-Harris
An ever-growing segment of Corporate and Commercial Law is Information Technology and Intellectual Property (IP). With more and more legal issues arising with on-line business and trade, this specialization is in high demand. We offer a Technology Law specialist who is well versed in strategic deal shaping and the latest changes in this rapidly moving sector. We offer practical, timely and up to date advice.
Our key industry experience includes: government, energy and mining, financial services and insurance, and bio/pharma.
The range of commercial contracts related to this growing sector is broad and our practice includes advising in the areas of: outsourcing (application and infrastructure); systems integration; consulting; licensing; digital, cloud/hosting, SaaS, EaaS (Everything as a Service), IoT (internet of everything), procurement, and e-commerce.
Intellectual property can be a valuable and important strategic business tool. Working in association with lawyers and agents with expertise in the field of intellectual property, we can support your business objectives related to your intellectual property. Our services include:
- strategic consulting services
- drafting and filing applications for patents, trade-marks, copyright, and industrial designs and enforcement through a network of trusted agents and advisors working in collaboration with us
- enforcement of your intellectual property rights through a network of trusted agents and legal advisors working in collaboration with us
If you would like to find out more about our Technology and Intellectual Property services, please contact us.
- Appeals Re City of Toronto OPA 231
- Employers beware: snoop at your own peril
- Domain name 101: continually learning the hard way
- Promise of RFID technology raises personal privacy concerns
- When it comes to RFPs, it’s better not to hope for forgiveness
- Appearing Before the Board and Council, Tips/Traps
- RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN HERITAGE PLANNING
- I’m a lawyer but I’d rather be a pirate
- Spam by any other name is still spam